- Your browser being redirected to sites other than the ones you have specified. This is known as “browser hijacking”.
- A change in your Internet browser’s home page.
- Increased appearance of pop-up ads
- Extra toolbars appearing on your browser.
- Unusual and random error messages.
- New icons appearing on your system tray
- Keys that don’t work (for example, the “Tab” key might not work when you try to move to the next field in a Web form)
- Degradation of system performance, especially the CPU and memory.
Next: Spyware Quiz