- Content Filtering: restricting the type of content which can be viewed on your machine.
- Proxy Servers: using intermediate systems to hide your true location.
- Monitoring and Reporting User Behaviour: keeping an eye on the behaviour of other users and reporting anything inappropriate.
- Withholding Personal Information: keeping the amount of information that can be viewed online to a minimum.
- Using Non-trivial Usernames and Passwords: avoiding the use of easily-guessed or easily cracked passwords.
We’ll look at each of these in more detail on the following pages.